Activity: The imitation game
In this practical challenge, students work in pairs to test who can give the most accurate instructions. One player builds and describes their LEGO model and the other player tries to imitate the build, following only the verbal instructions.
- Key Stage: KS3
- Time required: 30 minutes
About this resource
- Resource type: classroom activity
- Theme: Working scientifically
- students will build skills in articulating clear and specific instructions
- students will gain a better understanding of human limitations and biases when writing a scientific method
- Building blocks or LEGO
- Both students in each pair should have 5 matching bricks. Bricks can be grouped into sets to save time.