To learn more about the areas covered by this casebook refer to the following books:
- Principles and Techniques of Contemporary Taxonomy by Quicke, DLJ.
- Blackie Academic and Professional, London 1993.
- A simple introduction to taxonomy and taxonomic techniques.
- A Field Guide to the Insects of Britain and Northern Europe by Chinery, M.
- Collins, London 1993.
- This has details about UK cockroaches and a guide to identifying insects.
- The New Encyclopedia of Mammals, Volume 1 Macdonald, D.
- Oxford University Press, 2001.
- This includes a chapter on the cat family.
- The Beast of Exmoor and Other Mystery Predators of Britain by Francis, D.
- Jonathan Cape, London 1993.
- Popular book about sightings of mysterious big cats in Britain.