Event type: special event
Dawnosaurs is a free event that lets children on the autism spectrum enjoy the Museum with their families and siblings, free from the hustle and bustle of the general public.
Visitors have access to a wide-ranging programme of activities, including a chance to see, meet and even touch live animals. All activities are supported by experienced, autism-aware facilitators.
A dedicated Sensory Room will also be available for those children needing a quieter and calmer space.
This event is best for children aged five to 15, and siblings are welcome.
How to book
You can apply online three to four weeks before each event. Bookings for the event on 10 March will open on 10 February. Spaces are in high demand, and priority will be given to first-time attendees.
To be reminded of upcoming Dawnosaurs events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list.
If you do not wish your details to be kept on our database, please let us know.
|10 March 2018||08.00-10.00|
|20 May 2018||08.00-10.00|
Dawnosaurs has been made possible thanks to the generous support of The Lord Leonard and Lady Estelle Wolfson Foundation.
- doors open at 8.00
- please use the entrance on Cromwell Road (main entrance)
- the Museum opens to the public at 10.00, and by the time you leave it may be busy
- the café in the Blue Zone will be open for hot drinks and snacks from 8.00
- there is an indoor picnic area in the basement of the Green Zone
- there are several baby changing facilities and accessible toilets
- the Museum is fully accessible for wheelchair and buggy access
- Mobiloo will provide specialised toilet facilities for disabled people