Event type: special event
Dawnosaurs is a free event that lets children on the autism spectrum enjoy the Museum with their families and siblings, free from the hustle and bustle of the general public.
Visitors have access to a wide-ranging programme of activities, including a chance to see, meet and even touch live animals. All activities are supported by experienced, autism-aware facilitators.
A dedicated Sensory Room will also be available for those children needing a quieter and calmer space.
This event is best for children aged five to 15, and siblings are welcome.
How to book
You can apply online four weeks before each event. Spaces are in high demand, and priority will be given to first-time attendees.
Applications for the event on 15 July are now open. Fill in our enquiry form to apply for the event.
To be reminded of upcoming Dawnosaurs events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list.
If you do not wish your details to be kept on our database, please let us know.
|16 September 2017||08.00-10.00|
|18 November 2017||08.00-10.00|
- doors open at 8.00
- the Museum opens to the public at 10.00, and by the time you leave it may be busy
- the café in the Blue Zone will be open for hot drinks and snacks
- there is an indoor picnic area in the basement of the Green Zone
- there are several baby changing facilities and accessible toilets
- the Museum is fully accessible for wheelchair and buggy access
- Mobiloo will provide specialised toilet facilities for disabled people