Explore the rich diversity of mammals, from polar bears to pygmy shrews in the Mammals gallery.
Please note: the Mammals gallery is temporarily closed due to the wet weather conditions. It will be reopened as soon as possible.
See fossils and skeletons of extinct animals alongside specimens of their living relatives. Come face-to-face with the extinct sabre-toothed cat, see the unique duck-billed platypus, and compare the anatomy of a horse with a human.
Star specimens and exhibits
- Cynognathus, the ancient mammal predecessor with reptile features
- the extinct giant Diprotodon from Australia
- mammals with pouches and those without teeth
- see big cats and wild dogs
- explore the relationship between pandas and bears