Meet some of the ocean's most weird and wonderful species in the Fishes, Amphibians and Reptiles gallery.
Find out what was discovered in the stomach of a Nile crocodile, see how fish illuminate the depths of the ocean, and uncover the secret of the Indian python’s backbone.
Star specimens and exhibits
- freshwater species that breed in the sea, and swamp-dwellers that breathe air
- look inside and underneath a tortoise
- a furry frog, and another that carries its babies on its back
- examine the sucker-like mouth of a lamprey
- see the unusual embryos and eggs of sharks
Explore the galleries with the Museum map
Find out how to get around with the Museum map. There are four zones to discover.