Discover minerals, gemstones and rocks in the Earth's Treasury gallery.
A glittering display includes everything from gold nuggets to Stonehenge rock and kryptonite. Find out how diamonds are formed and cut, and examine royal links to precious stones.
Star specimens and exhibits
- mineral marvels that glow in the dark
- a rainbow of gemstones and a collection of rings
- different mineral structures from hair-like to prismic and globular
- ancient and modern uses of metal
- common granite and rare platinum
Please note that the diamond, sapphire, ruby and emerald specimens are currently off display for research.
You can still see examples of these specimens in the Vault.
A section of Earth's Treasury will be closed from 7-12 December.
The entire gallery will be closed from 13-15 December. If necessary, this closure may extend to 19 December.