What is the Spirit Collection Tour?
On the tour discover more about cutting-edge scientific research in the Darwin Centre's Zoology spirit building.
Get a fascinating glimpse of the building's 27 kilometres of shelves and some of the 22 million specimens we look after, including hidden treasures such as the giant squid and specimens collected by Charles Darwin.
- Suitable only for adults and children over 8 years old
- Tours run at various times every day, please enquire when you arrive at the Museum. Last tour of the day is usually at 16.15. Check Tour times and dates
- Tour duration is 30 minutes
- Extended tours of 50 minutes are available at 15.15 on Monday to Friday. These give you the chance to see more of the collections and scientists at work in the zoology department. Please enquire about our extended 50-minute tour when you book your ticket.
- Please note that tours may be cancelled at short notice due to urgent scientific work.
- Bags are not allowed on the tours, please use our cloakroom facilities (please note there is a £1 charge per item).
- Alternatively you may leave bags in our lockers in the spirit building. These are free of charge but not staffed, so visitors leave their bags at their own risk.
- Please note that flash photography is not permitted on the tours.
Please book on the day at any information desk when you arrive. For enquires or access requirements, please call +44 (0)20 7942 5000.
Find out about the Cocoon tour and the Darwin Centre