Using the Library and Archives
The Library and Archives team provides staff, visiting researchers and members of the public with easy access to the Museum's unique natural history information resources.
Below you will find information for staff and public visitors on:
- requesting and accessing Library and Archives material
- joining the Library
- booking a Reading Room visit
- ordering items for digitisation/delivery
- citing Museum works
Forthcoming Reading Room closure dates
The Library and Archives team will be conducting collections management work during the below dates in 2018 and so will be closed to external visitors on these weeks:
- 15 - 19 October
- 19 - 23 November
Christmas and New Year closure
The Library and Archives will be closed to external enquiries and appointments from Monday 24 December 2018 to Friday 4 January 2019. The public reading room will reopen for appointments from Tuesday 8 January.
- South Kensington: Tuesday to Thursday 10.00–16.00
- Tring: Monday to Thursday 9.30–15.30