Explore nature in our flourishing Wildlife Garden, a tranquil haven for plants and animals in the heart of the city.
The garden is home to thousands of British flora and fauna. More than 2,800 species have been identified in the garden since it opened in 1995.
The Wildlife Garden is open daily from April 1 to early November, with regular free family events. Visits are welcome by arrangement during the winter months - just ask at an information desk inside the Museum or email email@example.com.
You can learn more about our Wildlife Garden on the Museum's blog.
Highlights and attractions
- The team are coppicing woodland areas, weaving new fences, pruning and laying hedges
- The first primrose of the year flowered on 3 January
- The first snowdrop flowered on 2 February - 11 days later than in 2016
- Goldfinches are feeding in the alder trees and around the bird feeders
- Flocks of long-tailed tits are regular visitors to the garden
- Grey squirrels are foraging in the tree canopy and on the ground