The Dinosaurs gallery will be closed for seven weeks in 2016, from 4 January to 26 February. It will be open from 13-21 February for the half-term break.
The Museum's dinosaurs are world famous. Meet our roaring T. rex and see incredible fossils and lifelike models in the Dinosaurs gallery.
Explore the different time periods dinosaurs lived, sort the facts from the myths about why they died out, and find out what our scientific research has taught us about these prehistoric giants.
Star specimens and exhibits
- the first T. rex fossil ever found
- an Iguanodon, one of the first species ever described as a dinosaur
- the skull of a Triceratops
- one of the largest meat-eaters ever unearthed in Europe, the Baryonyx
- a Protoceratops egg, a Megalosaurus tooth and a Euoplocephalus tail club