3- year externally funded-PhD studentships
Available commencing October 2006 (negotiable), for the following projects:
- Biomechanics of Sauropod Dinosaur Skulls - Studied Using Finite Element Analysis
with Paul Barrett (firstname.lastname@example.org), Larry M Witmer (University of Ohio), Paul Upchurch (University College London) and Emily Rayfield (University of Bristol). NERC CASE.
- Micropalaeontology of the Setul Limestone (Ordovician-Devonian), Langkawi, Malaysia: Biostratigraphic and Palaeobiogeographic Constraints on the Palaeozoic Eevolution of the Sibumasu Terrain
with Giles Miller (email@example.com), Ivan Sansom (University of Birmingham) and Lee Chai Peng (University of Malaya). NERC CASE.
- More information on the University of Birmingham website
- Phylogeography of the European Schizoporellidae: A Combined Morphological, Molecular and Ppalaeontological Approach in an Important Family of Biofouling Bryozoans
with Paul Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Joanne Porter (University of Wales, Aberystwyth). NERC CASE.
- Corals and climate change in the Cenozoic; a case study based on the staghorn coral Acropora
with Brian Rosen (email@example.com), Prof Dan Bosence (RHUL), & Carden Wallace (Museum of Tropical Queensland).
- More information on the Royal Holloway, University of London website.
Informal enquires and full applications comprising a full academic CVs and covering letter should be addressed to the relevant supervisor. Minimum 2i (Hons) required.