I've just moved house (previous own passed away) and I'm looking to identify some of the trees in the garden.
The links (via evernote - should be safe) below will show you various images of each tree/bush. If you know the tree please state which number you have identified in your reply.
I understand that identification may be difficult from a couple of photos taken at this time of year, however any help whould be greatly a appreciated.
Thank you for your time
Yes, it is a bit tricky at this stage of leafing out and without closeups.
1. Cherry (a group of Prunus species)
2. Japanese quince (Chaenomleles)
3. Apples (Malus)
4. Lilac (Syringa)
5. Apple (can't rule out Victoria plum, but I don't think so)
6. Hypericum (but has hints of Plumbago and Cornus!)
7. Rubus (blackberry or ally)
8. Forsythia (but with hints of lilac!)
9. Viburnum, probably V. farreri
10. Cherry (a group of Prunus species)
11. Euonymus, possibly E. fortunei
12. Euonymus, possibly E. fortunei
There are question marks on all of those.
If you post more photos later, when in flower, that would help firm-up (or alter) these tentative IDs.
If you get answers from other folks, you may be able to gain confidence (assuming the answers are the same!)
Mike thank you so much for taking the time to look at these, I know in this day an age we need to be grateful for getting 10 mins of anyone's time.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the fruits and flowers appear, as they do I shall post some more pictures, that may help with the final clarification of the species.
Again thank your for your time.