Diagnostic description of Neocrinus decorus
- Basals variable from small and separated to rather large, forming contiguous basals circlet, commonly with median prolongation of lower edge covering interradial edge of uppermost columnals.
- Arms divided at primibrachs 2 and further divided with variable intervals.
- Articulartion at primibrachs 1-2 and secundibrachs 1-2 more or less embauyed synarthrial.
- Cryptosyzygial or synostosial articulations generally at secundibrachs 3-4 and more distal.
- No symmorphy.
- Column heteromorphic, xenomorphic, with short proxistele of low pentastellate (most proximally) to rounded pentagonal columnals, and a longer mesistele/dististele of low to moderately high, rounded pentagonal columnals with planar latera.
- Nodal/infranodal articulations cryptosymplectial, all other articulations symplectial.
- Areola petals pear-shaped, surrounded by adradial and (commonly) marginal crenulae, separated by adradial grooves.
- Nodals with 5 cirri directed outwardly and posteriorly.