(1) The Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition (“the Competition”) is owned by the Natural History Museum Trading Company Limited (“NHMTC”) ("the Owners").
(2) The Wildlife Photographer of the Year, LUMIX People's Choice Award Vote (“the Vote”), organised by NHMTC (“the Owners”), comprises an online vote in which one (1) winning and four (4) highly commended images are selected from twenty-five (25) images chosen by the Natural History Museum.
(3) Voters will be asked to share their selected image with @NHM_WPY on Twitter, using the hashtag #WPYPeoplesChoice.
(1) Votes must be cast by 14:00 GMT on Tuesday 4 February 2020 (“the Closing Date”).
(2) One (1) vote is permitted per person and will be restricted to one (1) vote per Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
(3) The Vote is not open to shortlisted photographers, employees of NHMTC, their subsidiaries, families, agents, affiliates, anyone involved in running the Competition, or any official partners, supporters, or sponsors of the Competition.
(4) By entering the Vote, voters agree to the terms and conditions of entry.
(5) In the event of unforeseen circumstances, NHMTC reserves the right to cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Vote.
(6) All details and other restrictions applying to the Vote not specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be determined by NHMTC in its sole discretion.
(7) NHMTC reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time on giving notice through its website www.nhm.ac.uk/wpy
(8) By entering the Vote, you confirm to NHMTC that all information submitted by you is correct and that you have complied fully with these Terms and Conditions. NHMTC reserves the right to verify the eligibility of voters. Automated votes and votes via third parties or agents will be invalid. Votes that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
(9) NHMTC reserves its right to discount invalid votes and may withhold or withdraw any Award which has been given as a result of invalid votes.
(1) The winning image will be the image with the highest number of votes, and the four highly commended images will be the next four images with the highest number of votes.
(2) The winning image and the four highly commended images will be displayed on the Owners website (“the Competition Website”) and may also be displayed in an exhibition at the Natural History Museum ("the Competition Exhibition").
(1) To the maximum extent permitted by law, NHMTC excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Vote. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude NHMTC’s liability for death or personal injury arising from NHMTC’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
(2) Voters agree to indemnify NHMTC and keep NHMTC indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by NHMTC as a result of voting or entering the draw, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
(1) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.