Some of nature's most unique and valuable treasures are on display in the Vault gallery.
See the world's largest collection of coloured diamonds, discover gems that glow in the dark, and marvel at rare meteorites from out of this world.
Star specimens and exhibits
- a piece of the Winchcombe meteorite, from the first meteorite fall to have been recovered in the UK for 30 years
- the Aurora Pyramid of Hope, an unrivalled collection of 296 coloured diamonds
- one of the biggest and most richly coloured emeralds ever found
- Tissint, the largest Martian meteorite in the Museum's collection
- a diamond-encrusted snuff box commissioned by Russian Tsar Alexander II
Please note: the cursed amethyst and Latrobe gold nugget are currently off display.
Explore the galleries with the Museum map
Find out how to get around with the Museum map. There are four zones to discover.