Discover the biggest mammals in the animal kingdom.
Look up and see our blue whale model, seemingly swimming with the other cetacean skeletons and replicas suspended from the ceiling. On the ground examine extinct mammoths and giant elk and their living relatives, as well as giraffes, hippos and horses.
For the blue whale skeleton, visit Hintze Hall.
Star specimens and exhibits
- discover the swimming techniques of dolphins
- see the species that inspired mermaid stories
- examine skulls from a narwhal, or 'sea unicorn'
- compare your brain to a blue whale's
- play a detective game and find out how one species has changed over 55 million years