Discover the biggest mammals in the animal kingdom.
Look up and see our blue whale model, seemingly swimming with the other cetacean skeletons and replicas suspended from the ceiling. On the ground examine extinct mammoths and giant elk and their living relatives, as well as giraffes, hippos and horses.
For the blue whale skeleton, visit Hintze Hall.
Star specimens and exhibits
- come face-to-face with a musk ox
- learn how caribou and Dall's sheep avoid the tundra
- discover how Kirk's dik-dik got its name
- find out the difference between antlers and horns
- uncover the secrets that artiodactyls use to keep warm
Explore the galleries with the Museum map
Find out how to get around with the Museum map. There are four zones to discover.