The Red Zone lift is closed until March 2021 while we undergo an essential refurbishment. The Volcanoes and Earthquakes, From the Beginning, Restless Surface and Earth's Treasury galleries can be accessed via the escalator and stairs only. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Discover minerals, gemstones and rocks in the Earth's Treasury gallery.
A glittering display includes everything from gold nuggets to Stonehenge rock and kryptonite. Find out how diamonds are formed and cut, and examine royal links to precious stones.
Star specimens and exhibits
- mineral marvels that glow in the dark
- a rainbow of gemstones and a collection of rings
- different mineral structures from hair-like to prismic and globular
- ancient and modern uses of metal
- common granite and rare platinum
- all that glitters with gold, diamond, sapphire, ruby and emerald specimens
Explore the galleries with the Museum map
Find out how to get around with the Museum map. There are four zones to discover.