Whales: Beneath the surface free prize draw terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the Whales Beneath the surface Free Prize Draw. The Free Prize Draw is promoted by the Natural History Museum Trading Company of Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD ("NHMTC").
Conditions of Entry
1. By entering the Free Prize Draw, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
2. The Free Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over excluding employees of the Museum, NHMTC), A&K (Abercrombie & Kent) and AC (Atlantic Canada), their subsidiaries, families, agents, affiliates, or anyone involved in running the Free Prize Draw.
3. To enter the Free Prize Draw you must visit www.nhm.ac.uk/whales and submit an entry online or fill out a Whales: Beneath the surface exhibition feedback survey which must be submitted and received by NHMTC before the Closing Date (see below).
4. Only one entry per person is permitted.
5. The Free Prize Draw commences on Friday 10 November 2017 at 10:00 GMT and concludes on Wednesday 28 February 2018 at 23:59 GMT.
6. Only complete entries will be accepted. The NHMTC accepts no responsibility for any entries that are lost, incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach it by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
7. By entering the Free Prize Draw you confirm to the NHMTC that all information submitted by you is correct and that you have complied fully with these Terms and Conditions. The NHMTC reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Automated entries and entries via third parties or agents will be invalid. Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions (including those containing any false information) will be invalid.
The Free Prize Draw
8. The winner will be drawn at random by an independent judge (the “Judge”) from all complete entries received before the Closing Date
9. There will be one prize provided for up to two adults and two children aged 12 or younger. People aged between 13 and 17 years old may incur an additional cost. The prize is expected to include:
1. Whale watching holiday (to be provided by AC) comprising:
i. 2 nights at The Hollis Halifax, Double Tree by Hilton
ii. 2 nights at the Queen Anne Inn, B&B
iii. 2 nights at the Algonquin Resort, B&B
iv. 1 x night Maison Tait House, B&B (New Brunswick)
v. $125 spending money per day to cover petrol and meals
vi. Brier Island whale watching
vii. Whale watching cruise
viii. Lobster Tale Cruise
ix. Visits to Maritime Museum and Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic
x. Complimentary pass for four people to Hopewell Rocks
2. International flights, outbound from London to Halifax and return from Halifax to London, in Economy Class plus airport taxes (to be provided by A&K)
The Prize is kindly donated by Abercrombie & Kent and Atlantic Canada and is valued at approximately £6,000 (but no cash or other alternative will be offered to any winner).
10. The Prize does not include:
Transfers (unless specified), meals (unless specified), travel insurance, medical expenses; vaccination charges; personal items; postage; personal clothing; luggage; items of a personal nature such as bar charges, phone calls; tips and everything not stated in the itinerary, for which the winner will be solely responsible.
11. The Prize does not include visas. The Museum, NHMTC, Abercrombie & Kent and Atlantic Canada will not be held responsible for any visas that are not approved resulting in the inability to travel.
12. It is the responsibility of the winner and their guest to ensure that they hold a valid passport. The Museum, NHMTC, Abercrombie & Kent and Atlantic Canada will not be held responsible for any immigration complications that may result in the inability to travel.
13. The NHMTC shall be entitled to cancel the Prize without notice should the winner and/or his/her guest engage in any inappropriate, illegal or immoral behaviour, use excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants or illegal drugs, or act in any manner which brings or might bring, Abercrombie & Kent, Atlantic Canada or the Museum or NHMTC or any person or organisation involved in the Free Prize Draw into public disrepute or places any person in distress or danger.
14. The winner will be notified by 30 March 2018 via the phone number provided at the time of entry. The name and county of the winner will be published on www.nhm.ac.uk/whales on 23 April 2018. These details can also be obtained by writing to Marketing, Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, SW7 5BD London within 12 months of the Closing Date.
15. The winner must claim the Prize within 10 working days of the NHMTC sending notification. If the Prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the NHMTC may (but shall not be obliged to) offer the unclaimed Prize to a runner up selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
16. Abercrombie & Kent shall liaise with the winner in respect of claiming the prize. The Museum and NHMTC will not be liable for any delay to delivery of the Prize nor any failures of Abercrombie & Kent and/or Atlantic Canada in provision of the Prize.
17. The Prize is non-transferable and the winner cannot request any alternative prize (cash or otherwise).
18. The Prize must be redeemed by 30 April 2018 and is subject to availability (including in respect of dates).
19. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, each of the NHMTC and Abercrombie & Kent and Atlantic Canada reserve the right to (a) substitute the Prize with an alternative; and (b) cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Free Prize Draw.
20. All details and other restrictions applying to the Prize not specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be determined by the NHMTC in its sole discretion.
21. The NHMTC reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time on giving notice through its website www.nhm.ac.uk/whales.
22. By entering the Free Prize Draw, you consent to the use of your personal data by the NHMTC for the purposes of administration of the Free Prize Draw (including publishing your name and county if you are the winner) and to the NHMTC and/or Abercrombie & Kent and/or Atlantic Canada for any other purposes to which you have consented. To find out more about how the NHMTC looks after your data please see the privacy notice
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
23. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Museum and NHMTC excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Free Prize Draw and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the NHMTC's liability for death or personal injury arising from the NHMTC’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
24. You agree to indemnify the Museum and/or NHMTC and keep the Museum and/or NHMTC indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by the Museum and/or NHMTC as a result of your entry in the Free Prize Draw, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
25. The Judge's decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
26. All entries become the property of the NHMTC and will not be returned. You acknowledge and agree that you will assign all intellectual property rights in your Free Prize Draw submission and/or any statements made by you regarding the Free Prize Draw or the NHMTC to the NHMTC promptly on request by the NHMTC.
27. You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with any reasonable publicity required of you by the NHMTC and/or Abercrombie & Kent and/or Atlantic Canada and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity.
28. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.