Follow these simple steps to measure the height of a tree using just your body.
- Stand with your back to the tree and your legs apart.
- Bend down and look at the tree between your legs, making sure to keep your legs straight.
- Move forward until you can just about see the top of the tree between your legs.
- Measure the distance between your feet and the tree - you could do this counting heel-to-toe steps (if your feet are a size 1 they are roughly 20cm long, a size 2 is 21cm long, size 3 is 21.5cm, size 4 is 22cm, size 5 is 23cm).
- This distance (between where you were standing and the tree) is approximately the height of the tree!