Biodiversity and Interdependence
I can sample and identify living things from different habitats to compare their biodiversity and can suggest reasons for their distribution. SCN 3-01a
- Identifies living things using biological keys.
- Collects and analyses increasingly complex data and information, for example, temperature and light intensity, to suggest reasons for the distribution of organisms within different habitats.
I can use a range of maps and geographical information systems to gather, interpret and present conclusions and can locate a range of features within Scotland, UK, Europe and the wider world. SOC 3-14a
- Reviews at least two simple graphical sources to interpret information and form a conclusion, for example, a map and a graph.
- Uses relevant numeracy and digital technology skills to interpret at least two sources of data from maps and graphical information systems.
Through observing and recording, I can create material that shows accuracy of representation. EXA 3-04a
- When creating images and objects to express ideas, thoughts and feelings
- shows increasing accuracy in representing what is seen
- shows understanding of media properties and the effect of techniques and technology used
- shows understanding of how visual elements and visual concepts can be combined, for example, to create mood and atmosphere
Third Level Scientific Skills
Inquiry and Investigative Skills:
Plans and designs scientific investigations and enquiries:
- Demonstrates increased levels of collaboration and initiative in decision-making about samples, measurements, equipment and procedures to use.
Carries out practical activities within a variety of learning environments:
- Applies safety measures to control all risks and hazards identified.
Analyses, interprets and evaluates scientific findings:
- Evaluates a range of aspects of the inquiry/investigation, including the relevance and reliability of evidence, and suggests at least two ways of improving the methodology, if repeated.
- Relates findings to scientific knowledge and understanding.
- Presents findings using appropriate formats for different audiences.