Creating a schistosomiasis collection at the Natural History Museum
The SCAN project is:
- consolidating existing collections and data
- ensuring storage methods for samples are compatible with analysis by a range of techniques associated with molecular-based research
- transferring specimens into the best possible storage systems
- providing safe and stable storage of specimens collected as part of external research programmes
- facilitating research by providing access to the collections and data.
Supporting schistosomiasis research
We aim to serve the schistosomiasis research community by:
- providing data and samples
- sample processing by appropriate molecular techniques
We welcome contact from all interested parties.
Interested in collaboration?
We welcome collaboration with the schistosomiasis research community.