Search our collections
Curious about the natural world? Then you're in the right place.
The Library and Archives has been developing its unparalleled collection of natural history literature, artwork and information resources since the Museum opened in 1881.
Both Museum scientists and visitors can use the discovery layer to find specific articles, journals and books as well as the Museum Archives, art and manuscript collections.
We are increasing digital access to our collections by releasing digitised versions of items from the Library’s Special Collections.
Digital versions of some of our unique artwork collections have been made available for the first time, the content of which belongs to the Public Domain. You can view our Digitised Collections, or simply explore our collection pages to discover the many treasures of the NHM Library and Archives.
- South Kensington: Closed until further notice
- Tring: Closed until further notice
Enquiries (phone and email)
- South Kensington: Monday to Friday 10.00-16.00
- Tring: Monday to Thursday 9.30-15.30
- South Kensington +44 (0)20 7942 5460
- Tring +44 (0)20 7942 6156