- ovate to subquadrate outline, with flat adoral surface and subanal heel in side view;
- apical disc anterior, monobasal;
- petals modestly developed; bowed and open distally; terminating abruptly;
- peristome with vertical walled vestibule and feeble bourrelets; basicoronal plates short, specialized perioral spines and tubercles present, but confined to vertical-walled entrance to peristome;
- phyllodes widened, single pored, with an outer and inner series (inner series sometimes highly reduced);
- periproct supramarginal to marginal, transversely elongate, associated with a shallow subanal ledge or short anal groove;
- broad naked and pitted sternal area both in front and to the rear of the peristome.