- test subglobular; coronal plating entirely rigid
- apical disc large; genital plates subquadrate, not pointed interradially; disc plates membrane embedded, not attached to corona
- ambulacral plating trigeminate, either with three simple elements reaching the perradius, one of which bears the primary tubercle, or with an enlarged element and two smaller demiplates
- pore-pairs arranged as simple arcs; no pore-crowding adorally
- sphaeridial pit close to every third pore-pair from peristome to apex
- tubercles perforate and crenulate
- peristome large; buccal notches shallow and rounded
- spines with central lumen crossed by partitions and fine needle-like pillars.
Early Jurassic (Pleinsbachian) to Recent; worldwide.
|Classification and/or Status
||Euechinoidea, Acroechinoidea, Aspidodiadematoida
||Duncan, P. M. 1889. A revision of the genera and great groups of the Echinoidea. Journal of the Linnean Society, Zoology 23, 1-311.
Mortensen, T. 1940. A Monograph of the Echinoidea. III, 1. Aulodonta, with Additions to Vol. II (Lepidocentroida and Stirodonta). C. A. Reitzel, Copenhagen, 370 pp.