- Port Jackson Painter]
- The drawing is inscribed in blue pancil at top right with the number "61", which refers to the pre-1984 numbering system for the Watling Collection.
- The drawing is annotated in very pale brown ink at bottom "A Native Wounded while asleep -".
- The drawing is unsigned and undated.
- The author of this catalogue record is Suzanne Stenning.
- By permission of the trustees of the Natural History Museum (London).
- Two sets of transparencies held in the Natural History Museum (London) Zoology Library and Picture Library: Picture Library order number 12052
- James Lee of Kensington : purchased ; 1902
- Data sheet available.
- Wheeler, A. and Smith, B, (eds.) The Art of the First Fleet and other early Australian Drawings. New Haven and London, Yale University Press, 1988. (Plate 52, p. 38.)
- Smith, Bernard. European Vision and the South Pacific. Yale University Press, New Haven and London, 1985. pp.160-161, fig. 105.