- Thomas Watling]
- The drawing is inscribed in blue pencil at top right with the number "35", which refers to the pre-1984 numbering system for the Watling Collection.
- The drawing is inscribed with brown ink in a copperplate script, probably by Watling, with the title "A Groupe on the North Shore", followed in another hand by "of Port Jackson New south Wales".
- The drawing is signed by Watling at lower right "N South Wales, Thomas Watling, delineat.", but is undated.
- The author of this catalogue record is Suzanne Stenning.
- By permission of the trustees of the Natural History Museum (London).
- Two sets of transparencies held in the Natural History Museum (London) Zoology Library and Picture Library: Picture Library order number 12026
- James Lee of Kensington : purchased ; 1902
- Data sheet available.
- Wheeler, A. and Smith, B, (eds.) The Art of the First Fleet and other early Australian Drawings. New Haven and London, Yale University Press, 1988. (Plate 39, p. 48.)