- Port Jackson Painter]
- The drawing is inscribed in blue pencil at top right with the number "81", which refers to the pre-1984 numbering system for the Watling Collection.
- The drawing is annotated in brown ink at the bottom "A Native striking a Fish".
- The drawing is unsigned and undated.
- The author of this catalogue record is Suzanne Stenning.
- By permission of the trustees of the Natural History Museum (London)
- Two sets of transparencies held in the Natural History Museum (London) Zoology Library and Picture Library: Picture Library order number 12072
- James Lee of Kensington : purchased ; 1902
- Data sheet available.
- Wheeler, A. and Smith, B, (eds.) The Art of the First Fleet and other early Australian Drawings. New Haven and London, Yale University Press, 1988. (Plate 40, p. 49.)