SENDsational Mornings at Tring
Event type: special event
Free, booking required
We are excited to present SENDsational Mornings at Tring, Hertfordshire.
Children with neurodiverse conditions including autism and other sensory processing difficulties can enjoy the Museum with their families and siblings, free from the hustle and bustle of the general public.
Our sister museum in South Kensington has been successfully running a similar event called Dawnosaurs for the past four years.
What can you expect from the experience?
- Visitors have access to a few activities including specimen handling, a big draw and a gallery trail.
- All activities are supported by experienced, autism-aware facilitators.
- A sensory space will be available for those children needing a quieter and calmer space.
- All of the galleries, outdoor spaces and the shop will be accessible throughout the event.
This event is best for children aged five to 15 and siblings are welcome.
Learn more about how we use your data by reading our privacy notice.
Registrations for the event on 8 March are now closed.
8 March - registrations are now closed
- doors open at 10.00
- the Museum opens to the public at 14.00, and you are welcome to re-enter though it may be busy
- you can bring a picnic lunch which you can have in Walter’s Workshop, the small building located in the car park
- there are baby changing facilities and accessible toilets
- the Museum is fully accessible for wheelchair and buggy access
- Mobiloo may be in attendance depending on availability. Please let us know as soon as possible if you require this facility.