Event type: special event
Dawnosaurs is a free event for children on the autism spectrum to enjoy the Museum with their families and siblings, free from the hustle and bustle of the general public.
Visitors have access to a wide-ranging programme of activities, including a chance to see, meet and even touch live animals. All activities are supported by experienced, autism-aware facilitators.
A dedicated Sensory Room will also be available for those children needing a quieter and calmer space.
This event is best for children aged five to 15, and siblings are welcome.
How to book
You can apply online for a place three to four weeks before each event.
The next Dawnosaurs will be held on 30 June 2019.
Spaces are in high demand, and priority will be given to first-time attendees.
To receive reminders about upcoming Dawnosaurs events, please contact us to be added to the mailing list.
If you do not wish your details to be kept on our database, please let us know.
Learn more about how we use your data by reading our privacy notice.
|30 June 2019||08.00-10.00|
|7 September 2019||08.00-10.00|
|15 December 2019||08.00-10.00|
30 June - The Great Exhibition Road Festival
7 September - Oceans and rivers
15 December - Rocks and minerals
- doors open at 8.00
- the Museum opens to the public at 10.00, and by the time you leave it may be busy
- you’ll be able to purchase hot drinks and snacks from 8.00
- there is an indoor picnic area in the basement of the Green Zone
- there are several baby changing facilities and accessible toilets
- the Museum is fully accessible for wheelchair and buggy access
- if you require a Mobiloo and would like to attend, please email us for availability