Fascination of Plants Day
Event type: outdoor activity, meet the scientist, drop-in
Location: Wildlife Garden, Orange Zone
Free, no ticket required
Our fascination with plants is unbeleafable.
Join us on 18 May to celebrate Fascination of Plants Day where you can potter around the Wildlife Garden, chat with Museum scientists and see some sensational specimens to discover how amazing and important plants are.
What's on in the Orange Zone?
- Learn how to draw botanical illustrations with illustrator and embriodery artist Charlotte Lade.
- Meet Botanist Ollie White to find out what goes on behind the scenes in our herbariums and how plants adapt and live on isolated islands.
- Investigate the natural world and its diversity by spotting creatures and plants that live in UK grasslands at the Biodiversity Mat activity.
- Hear from Museum Curator John Hunnex at Nature Live about some of the oldest material in the Museum - pressed plants and botanical art in beautiful leather-bound books. Head to the Attenborough Studio at 12.30 and 14.30.
What's on in the Wildlife Garden?
- Join a tour of the garden to discover how plants thrive in our urban oasis.
Tour times: 12.15, 13.15 and 14.15. (Please note the tours are subject to staff availability and might be cancelled on the day).
- Explore how minibeasts interact with plants and their habitats in the garden.
All activities are free, no booking required.