|AdminHistory||Vernon Herbert Blackman, the first mycologist on the staff of the Museum, was appointed in 1896 and remained until 1906 when he moved to Leeds. Blackman was followed in 1910 by John Ramsbottom, who remained head of the Mycology Section until he retired in 1950. He was assisted by Jack B Evans and Miss Frances L Stephens (later Balfour-Browne), who succeeded him as Head of Section. Under the Morton Agreement of 1961, fungi became the responsibility of Kew, and the collections were transferred after Mrs Balfour-Browne's retirement in 1967.|
Gregory, P H, 1975. John Ramsbottom 1885-1974. Transactions of the British Mycological Society, 65: 1-6.