(1) The Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition (“the Competition”) is owned by the Natural History Museum Trading Company Limited (“NHMTC”) ("the Owners").
(2) The People's Choice Award Vote (“the Vote”), organised by NHMTC (“the Owners”), comprises an online vote in which one (1) winning and four (4) finalist images are selected from twenty-five (25) images chosen by the Natural History Museum during an open period of three (3) months.
(3) Voters will be asked to share their selected image with @NHM_WPY on Twitter, using the hashtag #MYWPY.
(4) By sharing their participation in the Vote (clause 1.3), voters will be automatically entered into a prize draw where they will be eligible to win a copy of the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Portfolio 26 book (“the Prize Draw").
(1) Votes must be cast by 00:00 GMT on Tuesday 10 January 2017 (“the Closing Date”).
(2) One (1) vote is permitted per person and will be restricted to one (1) vote per Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
(3) The Vote and / or the Prize Draw is not open to shortlisted photographers, employees of NHMTC, their subsidiaries, families, agents, affiliates, or anyone involved in running the Competition.
(4) Voters will be asked to share their selected image with @NHM_WPY on Twitter, using the hashtag #MYWPY.
(a) By doing so, voters will be automatically entered into the Prize Draw where they will be eligible to win a copy of the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Portfolio 26 book (b) Only entries that include the correct hashtag #MYWPY will be accepted. NHMTC accepts no responsibility for any entries that are lost, incomplete, illegible, corrupted or that fail to reach it by the Closing Date for any reason.
(6) By entering the Vote and / or the Prize Draw, voters agree to the terms and conditions of entry.
(7) In the event of unforeseen circumstances, NHMTC reserves the right to cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Vote and / or the Prize Draw.
(8) All details and other restrictions applying to the Vote and / or the Prize Draw not specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be determined by NHMTC in its sole discretion.
(9) NHMTC reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time on giving notice through its website www.nhm.ac.uk/wpy
(10) By entering the Vote and / or the Prize Draw, you confirm to NHMTC that all information submitted by you is correct and that you have complied fully with these Terms and Conditions. NHMTC reserves the right to verify the eligibility of voters. Automated votes and votes via third parties or agents will be invalid. Votes that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
(11) NHMTC reserves its right to discount invalid votes and may withhold or withdraw any Award or Prize which has been given as a result of invalid votes.
(1) The winning image will be the image with the highest number of votes, and the four finalist images will be the next four images with the highest number of votes.
(2) The winning image and the four finalist images will be displayed on the Owners website (“the Competition Website”) and may also be displayed in an exhibition at the Natural History Museum ("the Competition Exhibition").
(3) Of those voters automatically entered into the Prize Draw, one (1) will be selected at random and will receive a copy of the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Portfolio 26 book (a) The winners will be notified within seven (7) working days of the Closing Date via Twitter.
(b) The winners must claim the prize within 7 working days of NHMTC sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and NHMTC may (but shall not be obliged to) offer the unclaimed prize to a runner up selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
(c) The prize will be posted to the winner within 7 working days of it being claimed. NHMTC will not be liable for any damage to the prize caused during postage or delay to delivery of the prize.
(d) The prize is non-transferable and the winner cannot request any alternative prize (cash or otherwise).
(1) To the maximum extent permitted by law, NHMTC excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Vote and or Prize Draw and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude NHMTC’s liability for death or personal injury arising from NHMTC’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
(2) Voters and Prize Draw entrants agree to indemnify NHMTC and keep NHMTC indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by NHMTC as a result of voting or entering the draw, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
(1) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.