Explore nature in our flourishing Wildlife Garden, a tranquil haven for plants and animals in the heart of the city.
The garden is home to thousands of British flora and fauna and more than 2,600 species have been identified in the garden since it opened in 1995.
Highlights and attractions
- purple loosestrife, meadowsweet and hemp agrimony are currently in bloom around our ponds and fen
- look out for azure and common blue damselflies and emperor dragonflies
- see our thriving honeybee colony inside the bee tree
- our growing fox cubs are active in the garden at the beginning and end of the day
- holly blue, large white, red admiral and peacock butterflies can be seen around the garden
The Wildlife Garden is open daily from 1 April to 31 October, with regular free family events.