Explore nature in our flourishing Wildlife Garden, a tranquil haven for plants and animals in the heart of the city.
The garden is home to thousands of British flora and fauna and more than 2,000 species have been identified in the garden since it opened in 1995.
Highlights and attractions
- common spotted orchids, yellow rattle and oxeye daisies are currently in bloom in our meadows
- foxgloves and dog rose are in flower around our woodland edges
- look out for azure damselflies around our ponds
- see our thriving honeybee colony inside the bee tree
- look for fledgling birds including wrens, coal tits, robins, chaffinches and moorhen
The Wildlife Garden is open daily from 1 April - 31 October, with regular free family events.