Investigate the lives of ocean inhabitants in the Marine Invertebrates gallery.
See starfish, corals and molluscs, and discover the deep-sea secrets of the vampire squid and the feeding habits of the fin whale roundworm.
Star specimens and exhibits
- a beautiful array of shells, from the giant clam to the queen conch
- a crab that's related to spiders
- sea snails used to make purple dye
- shells once used as currency
- delicate deep-sea creatures known as snake arms and basket stars
The Marine Invertebrates gallery will close at 17.15 on Friday 25 March to prepare for a Lates event.