Hintze Hall free prize draw terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the Hintze Hall 2017 Free Prize Draw. The Free Prize Draw is promoted by the Natural History Museum Trading Company of Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD ("NHM").
Conditions of Entry
1. By entering the Free Prize Draw, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
2. The Free Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over excluding employees of the NHM, their subsidiaries, families, agents, affiliates, or anyone involved in running the Free Prize Draw.
3. To enter the Free Prize Draw you must visit nhm.ac.uk/hintzeprize and submit an entry online that must be submitted and received by NHM before the Closing Date (see below).
4. Only one entry per person is permitted.
5. The Free Prize Draw commences on 15 May 2017 at 10.00 and concludes on 31 May 2017 at 16.00 BST.
6. Only complete entries will be accepted. The NHM accepts no responsibility for any entries that are lost, incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach it by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
7. By entering the Free Prize Draw you confirm to the NHM that all information submitted by you is correct and that you have complied fully with these Terms and Conditions. The NHM reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Automated entries and entries via third parties or agents will be invalid. Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions (including those containing any false information) will be invalid.
The Free Prize Draw
8. The winner and runners-up will be drawn at random by an independent judge (the “Judge”) from all complete entries received before the Closing Date.
9. There will be one first prize available to a single entrant, subject to availability and the NHM’s right to substitute a prize of similar value in unforeseen circumstances. The prize comprises for the winner and up to 5 additional guests:
- A viewing of Hintze Hall, its new displays and the blue whale skeleton on the morning of 14 July 2017, prior to the opening ceremony for Hintze Hall to the general public.
- Participation for the winner and their guests in the opening ceremony for Hintze Hall to the general public.
- Accommodation for two nights in a London hotel allocated and booked by the NHM (in 3 x double or twin rooms) for the nights of 13 July and 14 July 2017 (value up to £330+VAT)).
- Standard class return travel within the UK for the winner and up to five additional guests up to a maximum value of £175 per individual attending. This amount for travel will be paid by the NHM after the winner attends the event on the 14 July at the NHM and upon proof of valid, standard class travel receipts with an arrival date in London of 13 or 14 July 2017.
- Travel costs will not be refunded should the winner and their guests fail to attend the Hintze Hall tour and opening ceremony unless there are exceptional circumstances that prevent attendance such as sudden illness or problems with transportation.
10. There will be 200 runners-up prizes of attendance at the Hintze Hall opening ceremony and early entry to the NHM ahead of the general public on 14 July 2017. Each runner-up will be able to bring a maximum of one guest. Proof of the runner-up prize will need to be presented upon arrival at the NHM for the opening.
11. The NHM shall be entitled to cancel the prize without notice should the winner and/or his/her guest(s) engage in any inappropriate, illegal or immoral behaviour, use excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants or illegal drugs, or act in any manner which brings or might bring the NHM or any person or organisation involved in the Free Prize Draw into public disrepute or places any person in distress or danger.
12. The winner will be notified by 17.00 by 9 June 2017 via the phone number provided at the time of entry. The name and county of the winner will be published on the NHM website on 26 June 2017. These details can also be obtained by writing to Marketing, Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, SW7 5BD London within 12 months of the Closing Date.
13. The winner must claim the prize within 10 working days of the NHM sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the NHM may (but shall not be obliged to) offer the unclaimed prize to a runner up selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
14. By accepting the prize, the winner and their guests commit to attending the private tour and opening ceremony for Hintze Hall and to participate in any filming, photo calls and interviews with the Museum and the media that may arise from the event for publicity purposes. The winner and their guests agree to arrive at the time designated by the NHM for the private tour on the morning of 14 July 2017 unless there are exceptional circumstances that prevent attendance such as sudden illness or problems with transportation. Any delay in arrival may lead to the cancellation of the private tour in favour of attendance at the opening ceremony. If the winner and their guests are unable to arrive in time for the opening ceremony, the opening ceremony will not be delayed and a runner-up and guest will be selected by the NHM from those who are already present at the NHM to participate in the winner and their guest’s place.
15. The prize is non-transferable and the winner cannot request any alternative prize (cash or otherwise).
16. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the NHM reserve the right to (a) substitute the prize with an alternative; and (b) cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Free Prize Draw.
17. All details and other restrictions applying to the prize not specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be determined by the NHM in its sole discretion.
18. The NHM reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time on giving notice through its website nhm.ac.uk/hintzeprize
19. By entering the Free Prize Draw, you consent to the use of your personal data by the NHM for the purposes of administration of the Free Prize Draw (including publishing your name and county if you are the winner) and for your personal data to be passed to a third party supplier for the delivery of the prize and for any other purposes to which you have consented.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
20. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the NHM excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Free Prize Draw and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the NHM's liability for death or personal injury arising from the NHM's own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
21. You agree to indemnify the NHM and keep the NHM indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by the NHM as a result of your entry in the Free Prize Draw, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
22. The Judge's decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
23. All entries become the property of the NHM and will not be returned. You acknowledge and agree that you will assign all intellectual property rights in your Free Prize Draw submission and/or any statements made by you regarding the Free Prize Draw or the NHM to the NHM promptly on request by the NHM.
24. You accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. NHM reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions
25. You agree that if you are the winner or a runner-up, you and your guests will take part in and cooperate fully with any reasonable publicity required of you by the NHM and to the use of your name, any photograph and any filmed footage of your visit in such publicity. This may include but is not limited to use on the NHM website, online social media platforms and in the print and broadcast national and international media.
26. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.