Sensational Butterflies free prize draw terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the Sensational Butterflies 2018 Free Prize Draw. The Free Prize Draw is promoted by the Natural History Museum Trading Company of Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD ("NHM").
Conditions of Entry
1. By entering the Free Prize Draw, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
2. The Free Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over excluding employees of the NHM, their subsidiaries, families, agents, affiliates, or anyone involved in running the Free Prize Draw.
3. To enter the Free Prize Draw you must visit www.nhm.ac.uk/sensational-butterflies and submit an entry online or fill out a Sensational Butterflies exhibition feedback survey which must be submitted and received by NHM before the Closing Date (see below).
4. Only one entry per person is permitted.
5. The free prize draw commences on 29 March 2018 at 10.00 and concludes on 16 September 2018 at 16.00 BST.
6. Only complete entries will be accepted. The NHM accepts no responsibility for any entries that are lost, incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach it by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
7. By entering the Free Prize Draw you confirm to the NHM that all information submitted by you is correct and that you have complied fully with these Terms and Conditions. The NHM reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Automated entries and entries via third parties or agents will be invalid. Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions (including those containing any false information) will be invalid.
The Free Prize Draw
8. The winner will be drawn at random by an independent judge (the 'Judge') from all complete entries received before the Closing Date.
9. There will be one prize, subject to availability and the NHM’s right to substitute a prize of similar value in unforeseen circumstances. The prize is vouchers for five people (subject to any restrictions in Clause 10) for a hot air balloon flight, up to the value of £1,000, valid for an anytime flight or equivalent. The voucher will be valid for no more than 12 months from the date of the winner’s acceptance of the prize to be used at the winner’s discretion. The NHM reserves the right to purchase vouchers through an external supplier of their choice on behalf of the winner upon their claiming the prize. The voucher will include appropriate insurance.
10. The prize does not include travel and all other expenses, for which the winner will be solely responsible. There are some restrictions on flying in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority; the minimum age for flying is 7 years old and there are some height and weight restrictions. The prize is therefore offered subject to these requirements and the NHM will bear no responsibility for any disappointment or loss occurring as a consequence of these conditions.
11. The NHM shall be entitled to cancel the prize without notice should the winner and/or his/her guest engage in any inappropriate, illegal or immoral behaviour, use excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants or illegal drugs, or act in any manner which brings or might bring the NHM or any person or organisation involved in the Free Prize Draw into public disrepute or places any person in distress or danger.
12. The winner will be notified by 30 October 2018 via the phone number provided at the time of entry. The name and county of the winner can be obtained by writing to Marketing Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, SW7 5BD London within 12 months of the Closing Date.
13. The winner must claim the prize within 10 working days of the NHM sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the NHM may (but shall not be obliged to) offer the unclaimed prize to a runner up selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
14. The prize is non-transferable and the winner cannot request any alternative prize (cash or otherwise).
15. The Prize must be redeemed by the date notified to the winner by the external supplier (usually within 12 months of the voucher being awarded but subject to confirmation by the supplier)
16. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the NHM reserve the right to (a) substitute the prize with an alternative; and (b) cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Free Prize Draw.
17. All details and other restrictions applying to the prize not specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be determined by the NHM in its sole discretion.
18. The NHM reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time on giving notice through its website www.nhm.ac.uk/sensational-butterflies.
19. By entering the Free Prize Draw, you consent to the use of your personal data by the NHM or its agents or suppliers for the purposes of administration of the Free Prize Draw (including publishing your name and county if you are the winner) and for any other purposes to which you have consented.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
20. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the NHM excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Free Prize Draw and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the NHM's liability for death or personal injury arising from the NHM's own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
21. You agree to indemnify the NHM and keep the NHM indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by the NHM as a result of your entry in the Free Prize Draw, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
22. The Judge's decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
23. All entries become the property of the NHM and will not be returned. You acknowledge and agree that you will assign all intellectual property rights in your Free Prize Draw submission and/or any statements made by you regarding the Free Prize Draw or the NHM to the NHM promptly on request by the NHM.
24. You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with any reasonable publicity required of you by the NHM and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity.
25. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.