These Terms and Conditions govern the Sensational Butterflies Free Prize Draw at the Natural History Museum. The Free Prize Draw is promoted by the Natural History Museum Trading Company of Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD ("NHM").
See the details of our Sensational Butterflies Free Prize Draw.
Conditions of Entry
- By entering the Free Prize Draw, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
- The Free Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over excluding employees of NHM, their subsidiaries, families, agents, affiliates, or anyone involved in running the Free Prize Draw.
- To enter the Free Prize Draw you must visit http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/sensational-butterflies/free-prize-draw/index.jsp and submit an entry online or fill out a Sensational Butterflies exhibition feedback form and drop it in the collection box in the exhibition before the Closing Date (see below).
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The Free Prize Draw commences on Friday 29 March 2013 at 10.00 GMT.
- The Free Prize Draw Closing Date is Sunday 15 September 2013 at 18.00 BST.
- Only complete entries will be accepted. NHM accepts no responsibility for any entries that are lost, incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach it by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
- By entering the Free Prize Draw you confirm to NHM that all information submitted by you is correct and that you have complied fully with these Terms and Conditions. NHM reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Automated entries and entries via third parties or agents will be invalid.
- Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions (including those containing any false information) will be invalid.
The Free Prize Draw
- The winner will be drawn at random by an independent judge from all complete entries received before the Closing Date.
- There will be one prize. The winner of the Free Prize Draw will win tickets for two adults (18+) and five children (aged 7-11) to Dino Snores on 16 November 2013. The prize is valued at approximately £350.00. The prize includes lots of thrilling activities including:
- a torch-lit trail in our Dinosaurs gallery
- a live animal show by a Museum expert
- create your own dinosaur design on a T-shirt to take home
- snuggling down at midnight in the shadow of our Central Hall Diplodocus skeleton
- breakfast of a pain au chocolat, fruit salad, yoghurt and apple juice
- The prize does not include travel to the Museum. We recommend you have a meal before attending and bring along a snack for later in the evening. Please bring a sleeping bag, toothbrush, and clothes to sleep in (but not pyjamas). You may also want to bring a water bottle, a pillow and eye-shades for sleeping (some lighting is left on overnight). We provide sleeping mats, but you can bring your own, however for health and safety reasons we cannot allow any inflatable mats or mattresses. Please note that items which need an electric plug are not permitted at the sleepovers. We strongly recommend you do not bring things with you that are of financial or sentimental value.
- NHM shall be entitled to cancel the prize without notice should the winner and/or his/her guests engage in any inappropriate, illegal or immoral behaviour, or act in any manner which brings or might bring the NHM or any person or organisation involved in the Free Prize Draw into public disrepute or places any person in distress or danger.
- The winner will be notified by 1 October 2013 via the phone number provided at the time of entry. The name of the winner will be published on http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/sensational-butterflies/free-prize-draw/index.jsp on 16 October 2013. These details can also be obtained by writing to Marketing, Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, SW7 5BD London within 12 months of the Closing Date.
- The winner must claim the prize within 10 working days of NHM sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and NHM may (but shall not be obliged to) offer the unclaimed prize to a runner up selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Dino Snores team shall liaise with the winner in respect of claiming the prize.
- The prize is non-transferable and the winner cannot request any alternative prize (cash or otherwise).
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, NHM reserves the right to (a) substitute the prize with an alternative; and (b) cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Free Prize Draw.
- All details and other restrictions applying to the prize not specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be determined by NHM in its sole discretion.
- NHM reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time on giving notice through its website http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/sensational-butterflies/free-prize-draw/index.jsp
- By entering the Free Prize Draw, you consent to the use of your personal data by NHM for the purposes of administration of the Free Prize Draw (including publishing your name if you are the winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, NHM excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Free Prize Draw and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude NHM's liability for death or personal injury arising from NHM's own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
- You agree to indemnify NHM and keep NHM indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by NHM as a result of your entry in the Free Prize Draw, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
- The judge's decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- All entries become the property of NHM and will not be returned. You acknowledge and agree that you will assign all intellectual property rights in your Free Prize Draw submission and/or any statements made by you regarding the Free Prize Draw or NHM to NHM promptly on request by NHM.
- You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.