29 March - 15 September 2013
10.00 - 17.50
In our Sensational Butterflies exhibition, explore the remarkable life cycle of these amazing insects. Come face to face with 100s of free-flying live butterflies from all over the world as you wander through our tropical butterfly house.
Free for Members, Patrons and children under 4
* The ticket prices above include a small voluntary donation to the Museum.
What's in the exhibition
Discover the transition of egg to chomping caterpillar and chrysalis to beautiful butterfly inside the tropical butterfly house. See what species you can spot from all over the world, fluttering above and among the dense foliage of plants and flowers.
- Experience more than 50 live butterfly and moth species from around the world up close, like South Asia's giant Atlas moth, Attacus atlas, to the popular Blue morpho, Morpho peleides, from South America.
- Learn about eggs, chrysalis, wings and how butterflies sense things
- Do butterfly challenges and follow the trail to get stamps.
- Peep into the hatchery window and watch butterflies and moths emerging out of chrysalises.
- Ask the butterfly house manager and staff your own butterfly questions.