These Terms and Conditions govern the Meet the Great, Great, Great Britons Free Prize Draw at the Natural History Museum. The Free Prize Draw is promoted by the Natural History Museum Trading Company of Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD ("NHM").
1. By entering the Free Prize Draw, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
2. The Free Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18 and over excluding employees of NHM, their subsidiaries, families, agents, affiliates, or anyone involved in running the Free Prize Draw.
3. To enter the Free Prize Draw you must visit www.nhm.ac.uk/britainmillionyears and submit an entry online before the Closing Date (see below).
4. Only one entry per person is permitted.
5. The free prize draw commences on Wednesday 8 January 2014 at 14.00 GMT and closes on Wednesday 12 February 2014 at 18.00 GMT.
6. Only complete entries will be accepted. NHM accepts no responsibility for any entries that are lost, incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach it by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
7. By entering the Free Prize Draw you confirm to NHM that all information submitted by you is correct and that you have complied fully with these Terms and Conditions. NHM reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Automated entries and entries via third parties or agents will be invalid. Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions (including those containing any false information) will be invalid.
8. The winner will be drawn at random from all complete entries received before the Closing Date.
9. There will be one prize. The winner of the Free Prize Draw will win a pair of tickets to the Britain: One Million Years of the Human Story exhibition and a copy of the Britain: One Million Years of the Human Story exhibition book. The prize is valued at approximately £30.99 not including postage.
10. The prize does not include travel to the Museum.
11. The winner will be notified by 28 February via the telephone number provided at the time of entry.
12. The winner must claim the prize within 10 working days of NHM sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and NHM may (but shall not be obliged to) offer the unclaimed prize to a runner up selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
13. The prize is non-transferable and the winner cannot request any alternative prize (cash or otherwise).
14. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, NHM reserves the right to (a) substitute the prize with an alternative; and (b) cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Free Prize Draw.
15. All details and other restrictions applying to the prize not specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be determined by NHM in its sole discretion.
16. NHM reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time on giving notice through its website www.nhm.ac.uk/britainmillionyears.
17. By entering the Free Prize Draw, you consent to the use of your personal data by NHM for the purposes of the administration of the Free Prize Draw, and (if you agreed to receive it when you entered the competition) to send you further information about NHM’s activities, products and services which may be of interest to you.
19. If you win the Prize, you agree to publication of your name, and the use of your personal data to provide you with the Prize.
20. By entering this competition and choosing to opt in to receive more information, you agree that NHM may use your information to contact you about products and services you may like. You can change your NHM direct marketing preferences by contacting NHM on 0207 942 5119, you can also click on the 'unsubscribe' link in direct marketing emails from NHM.
21. To the maximum extent permitted by law, NHM excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Free Prize Draw and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude NHM's liability for death or personal injury arising from NHM's own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
22. You agree to indemnify NHM and keep NHM indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by NHM as a result of your entry in the Free Prize Draw, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
23. The judge's decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
24. All entries become the property of NHM and will not be returned. You acknowledge and agree that you will assign all intellectual property rights in your Free Prize Draw submission and/or any statements made by you regarding the Free Prize Draw or NHM to NHM promptly on request by NHM.
25. You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity.
26. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.