These terms and conditions govern the Britain: One Million Years of the Human Story free prize draw to win a trip to South Africa. The free prize draw is promoted by the Natural History Museum Trading Company of Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD ("NHM").
1. By entering the free prize draw, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
2. The free prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over excluding employees of the NHM and the Cradle of Humankind World heritage Site , their subsidiaries, families, agents, affiliates, or anyone involved in running the free prize draw.
3. To enter the free prize draw you must visit www.nhm.ac.uk/britainmillionyears and submit an entry online or fill out a Britain: One Million Years of the Human Story exhibition feedback survey which must be submitted and received by NHM before the closing date (see below).
4. Only one entry per person is permitted.
5. The free prize draw commences on Thursday 13 January 2014 at 10.00 GMT and concludes on Sunday 28 September 2014 at 23.59 BST.
6. Only complete entries will be accepted. The NHM accepts no responsibility for any entries that are lost, incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach it by the closing date for any reason. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
7. By entering the free prize draw you confirm to the NHM that all information submitted by you is correct and that you have complied fully with these terms and conditions. The NHM reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Automated entries and entries via third parties or agents will be invalid. Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions (including those containing any false information) will be invalid.
8. The winner will be drawn at random by an independent judge from all complete entries received before the closing date.
There will be one prize. The prize includes:
The prize is kindly donated by the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site and valued at approximately £3,000 (55,000 South African Rand).
10 The prize does not include:
Airport transfers, international airport departure tax, hotels and meals (except two nights accommodation with breakfast at the Maropeng Boutique Hotel), personal travel insurance, medical expenses, vaccination charges, personal items, laundry, postage, personal clothing, luggage, items of a personal nature such as bar charges and phone calls, tips and everything not stated in the itinerary, for which the winner will be solely responsible.
11. The prize does not include visas. The NHM and the COH WHS will not be held responsible for any visas that are not approved resulting in the inability to travel.
12. It is the responsibility of the winner and their guest to ensure that they hold a valid passport. The NHM and the COH WHS will not be held responsible for any immigration complications that may result in the inability to travel.
13. The NHM shall be entitled to cancel the prize without notice should the winner and/or his/her guest engage in any inappropriate, illegal or immoral behaviour, use excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants or illegal drugs, or act in any manner which brings or might bring the COH WHS or the NHM or any person or organisation involved in the free prize draw into public disrepute or places any person in distress or danger.
14. The winner will be notified by 28 October 2014 via the phone number provided at the time of entry. The name and county of the winner will be published on www.nhm.ac.uk/britainmillionyears on 11 November 2014. These details can also be obtained by writing to Marketing, Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, SW7 5BD London within 12 months of the Closing Date.
15. The winner must claim the prize within 10 working days of the NHM sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the NHM may (but shall not be obliged to) offer the unclaimed prize to a runner up selected in accordance with these terms and conditions.
16. The COH WHS shall liaise with the winner in respect of claiming the prize. The NHM will not be liable for any delay to delivery of the prize.
17. The prize is non-transferable and the winner cannot request any alternative prize (cash or otherwise).
18. The prize must be redeemed by 31 March 2015.
19. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the NHM and the COH WHS reserve the right to (a) substitute the prize with an alternative; and (b) cancel, modify, extend or suspend the free prize draw.
20. All details and other restrictions applying to the prize not specified in these terms and conditions shall be determined by the NHM in its sole discretion.
21. The NHM reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time on giving notice through its website www.nhm.ac.uk/britainmillionyears.
22. By entering the free prize draw, you consent to the use of your personal data by the NHM for the purposes of administration of the free prize draw (including publishing your name and county if you are the winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented.
23. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the NHM excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the free prize draw and use of any prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the NHM's liability for death or personal injury arising from the NHM's own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
24. You agree to indemnify the NHM and keep the NHM indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by the NHM as a result of your entry in the free prize draw, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
25. The judge's decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
26. All entries become the property of the NHM and will not be returned. You acknowledge and agree that you will assign all intellectual property rights in your free prize draw submission and/or any statements made by you regarding the free prize draw or the NHM to the NHM promptly on request by the NHM.
27. You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity.
28. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.