The 2011 Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year Portfolio competition has been publicised online through the Museum's Facebook page, on Twitter, and via our NaturePlus community.
One Grand Prize and 5 Runners-up Prizes will be drawn on Monday 17 Oct 2011 from successful entrants to the competition.
To be entered into the draw:
New clues will be made available in the NaturePlus community each week during the period of Wednesday 28 September 2011 to Friday 14 October 2011, inclusive.
All answers must be submitted by using our email form. In your message, for each answer include the title of the correctly identified photograph exactly as it appears on the Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year website.
The Grand Prize is a copy of the Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year Portfolio 21 book, signed by the overall 2011 competition winner, and 5 complementary tickets to the the new 2011 exhibition. Portfolio 21 features the stunning images from the exhibition.
The exhibition is due to open to the public for the first time at the Natural History Museum on Friday 21 October 2011.
The Runners-up Prize is one of five copies of the Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year Portfolio 20 book, which features the images from the 2010 exhibition. Each copy is signed by Mark Carwardine, zoologist, photographer, broadcaster and Chairman of the competition's Judging Panel for the past 7 years.
The closing date for the competition is Sunday 16 October 2011 at 23.59 GMT.
Book tickets to the exhibition
Terms and conditions
By entering the Competition you agree to the terms and conditions of entry:
1. The Competition is not open to employees of the Natural History Museum (NHM), its subsidiaries, families, agents, affiliates, or anyone involved in running the Competition.
2. To enter the Competition you must submit your answers using our email form before the Closing Date (see below).
3. The Closing Date of the Competition is midnight (23.59 GMT) on Sun 16 October 2011.
4. Only complete entries that include the correct answers to the Competition questions as issued on the Natural History Museum’s NaturePlus community between Wednesday 28 September 2011 and Friday 14 October 2011 will be accepted. NHM accepts no responsibility for any entries that are lost, incomplete, illegible, corrupted or that fail to reach it by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of sending or posting is not proof of receipt.
5. By entering the Competition you confirm to NHM that all information submitted by you is correct and that you have complied fully with these Terms and Conditions. NHM reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Automated entries and entries via third parties or agents will be invalid. Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions (including those containing any false information) will be invalid.
6. The prize winners will be drawn at random from all correct entries received before the Closing Date:
Only entrants who have correctly provided the names of all 5 photographs as they appear on the Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year website and successfully submitted their answers will be eligible for the draw for the Grand Prize. If no entrants successfully submit correct answers for all 5 photographs, then all entrants who submit the next highest number of correct answers will be eligible for the Grand Prize draw.
All entrants who have correctly provided the name as it appears on the Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year website of at least one photograph and successfully submitted their answer will be eligible for the draw for the Runners-up Prizes.
7. The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
8. There will be one Grand Prize of the new Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year Portfolio 21 book, signed by the overall 2011 competition winner, and 5 complementary tickets to the exhibition. The one-time-use complementary tickets can be used during the normal, daytime opening hours of NHM and the exhibition.
There will be 5 Runners-up prizes of the Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year Portfolio 20 book, signed by Mark Carwardine zoologist, photographer, broadcaster and Chairman of the competition Judging Panel for the past 7 years.
9. The winners will be notified within 7 working days of the Closing Date by email. The name and country of the winner will be published on the NaturePlus community page at the same time.
10. A winner must claim their Prize within 7 working days of NHM sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and NHM may (but shall not be obliged to) offer the unclaimed Prize to a runner up selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
11. The Prize will be posted to the winner within 7 working days of it being claimed. NHM will not be liable for any damage to the Prize caused during postage or delay to delivery of the prize.
12. The prize is non-transferable and the winner cannot request any alternative prize (cash or otherwise).
13. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, NHM reserves the right to (a) substitute the Prize with an alternative; and (b) cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Competition.
14. All details and other restrictions applying to the prize not specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be determined by NHM in its sole discretion.
15. NHM reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time on giving notice through its website www.nhm.ac.uk.
16. By entering the Competition, you consent to the use of your personal data by NHM for the purposes of administration of the Competition (including publishing your name and county if you are the winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
17. To the maximum extent permitted by law, NHM excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude NHM’s liability for death or personal injury arising from NHM’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
18. You agree to indemnify NHM and keep NHM indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by NHM as a result of your entry in the Competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
19. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Competition is promoted by the Natural History Museum Trading Company Limited of Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD (“NHM”).