No summary available at this time.
A postcard handwritten by author in English and signed by author.
An original MS
Pages with text: 2
Transcriber: Lucas, Paula J.
Transcription date: March 21, 2014
Scrutiny: 10/04/2014 - Benny, Ruth;
Signed off: no
Sept[embe]r. 20th. 1910
Many thanks for the long and interesting paper you have sent me2 about the fires and underground plants of the Campos of Lagoa Santa.3 I have now just sent the Mss. of my book4 to the printer, & shall hope to be able to send you a copy before the end of the year.
Yours very truly | Alfred R. Wallace [signature] []
Professor Eug. Warmnig [sic]
1. The item is a postcard. "204" and "63)" are written in [two?] unknown hand[s] on the top left corner.
2. Warming, Johannes Eugenius Bülow (1841 - 1924), known as Eugen Warming, Danish botanist.
3. Possibly a section of Warming, Eugen. (1892) Lagoa Santa: Et Bidrag til den biologiske Plantegeografi med en Fortegnelse over Lagoa Santas Hvirveldyr. Kongelige Danske Videnskabernes Selskabs Skrifter - Naturvidenskabelig og Mathematisk Afdeling, 6. Rk. vol. 6 (3): 153-488, or its summary in French: (1893): Lagoa Santa – Étude de Geographie Botanique. Revue Générale de Botanique 5: 145-158, 209-233.
4. Wallace, Alfred Russel. 1910. The world of life: a manifestation of creative power, directive mind and ultimate purpose. London, Chapman & Hall, December 1910.
5. The card is postmarked "Broadstone | C | Sp 20 | 10" and bears two half-penny stamps.
Please note that work on this transcript is not yet complete. Users are advised to study electronic image(s) of this document, if available.