No summary available at this time.
One page list entitled "Mr. A. R. Wallace's Lectures on Natural History" with eight lectures listed.
Handwritten by author in English.
An original MS
Pages with text: 1
Transcriber: Catchpole, Caroline
Transcription date: February 27, 2013
Scrutiny: 17/04/2013 - Catchpole, Caroline;
Signed off: no
Mr. A. R. Wallace’s Lectures on Natural History
1. The Darwinian Theory Darwinism, what it is and how it has been demonstrated. (Illustrated by diagrams).
2. The Origin and uses of the Colour of Animals (Illustrated by coloured Stereopticon views)
3. Mimicry and other exceptional modes of Animal Colouration… ("Stereopticon pictures)
4. The Origin and Uses of the Colours of Plants. (Stereopticon)
5. The Permanence of Oceans and the relations of Islands and Continents (Maps & diagrams)
6. Oceanic Islands and their Biological History. (Maps)
7. Continental Islands, their past history and Biological relations. (Maps.)
8. The Physical and Biological relations of New Zealand and Australia. (Maps.)
1. "[WP9/1/1]" written in pencil in another hand in the top right hand corner of the page.
2. "[date 1887?]" and "[old Ref WP3/64]" written in pencil in another hand in the bottom right hand corner of the page.
Please note that work on this transcript is not yet complete. Users are advised to study electronic image(s) of this document, if available.