No summary available at this time.
A typical letter handwritten by author in English and signed by author.
July 18th 1928.
Dear Prof[essor] Pearson2,
Thank you for the copies of the two further letters from my father to Sir F. Galton3. I am glad to give permission for their publication in the forthcoming volume of Galton's Life4.
Yours faithfully, | W. G. Wallace5 [signature]
Prof[essor] Karl Pearson F.R.S. &c
1. In the bottom right of page one of the manuscript, a circular stamp has "UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON | PEARSON PAPERS" printed in the outer ring, and "598" handwritten in the inner ring.
2. Pearson, Karl (1857-1936). English mathematician and biometrician.
3. Galton, Sir Francis (1822-1911). English polymath.
4. Life of Francis Galton. Biography written by Karl Pearson, published in three volumes in 1914, 1924 and 1930.
5. Wallace, William Greenell (1871-1951). Youngest of 3 children of Alfred Russel Wallace.
Please note that work on this transcript is not yet complete. Users are advised to study electronic image(s) of this document, if available.