No summary available at this time.
A typical letter handwritten by author in English and signed by author.
An original MS
Pages with text: 2
Transcriber: Sloyan, Victoria
Transcription date: March 15, 2013
Signed off: no
Ans[wered] May 11th 1914
L[ieutenan]t. Col[onel]. Sir D. Prain,3 K.C.B4 &c.
My mother has despatched by passenger train today, the plant of Rosa Stellata5 about which I wrote a few days ago.
She hopes it will arrive safely and that you will be successful in growing it.
Yours faithfully | W.G. Wallace [signature]
1. Written in red ink in different handwriting to the main body of the letter.
2. Written in different handwriting to the main body of the letter.
3. Written in different ink in different handwriting to the main body of the letter.
3. Lieutenant-Colonel Sir David Prain (1857-1944), Scottish botanist. He became Director of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew in 1905.
4. Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath
5. Rosa Stellata is a species of rose.
Please note that work on this transcript is not yet complete. Users are advised to study electronic image(s) of this document, if available.