A typical letter handwritten by author in English and signed by author.
An original MS
Pages with text: 2
Transcriber: Benny, Ruth
Transcription date: March 3, 2015
Scrutiny: 03/03/2015 - Benny, Ruth;
Signed off: no
South Bank, Lyall Road,
My dear Wallace,
I am going to take advantage of my friend Steads'1 car to come over & shake hands with you to-morrow[sic] morning about 11 to 11.30. Do not put yourself to the least inconvenience but let us take our chance of being able to see you. We shall have with us a distinguished representative of the school of modern chemists -- Prof[essor]. W. J. Pope2 who was [] former pupil of mine & now Professor in the University of Cambridge. He is anxious to be introduced to you.
With kind regards too Mrs. Wallace3 from my wife4 who will report herself personally tomorrow.
I am, | Yours very sincerely, | R. Meldola [signature]5
1. Possibly Stead, William Thomas (1849-1912). English newspaper editor.
2. Pope, William Jackson (1870-1939). English chemist.
3. Wallace (née Mitten), Annie (1846-1914). Wife of Alfred Russel Wallace.
4. Meldola, Ella Frederica. Wife of Raphael Meldola.
5. A British Library stamp appears here.
Please note that work on this transcript is not yet complete. Users are advised to study electronic image(s) of this document, if available.