Sent by C. Arym, 25 W Kinzie Street, Chicago, Ill. to Alfred Russel Wallace, [Old Orchard, Broadstone, Dorset] on 4 March 1913.
No summary available at this time.
A typical letter handwritten by author in English and signed by author.
An original MS
Total Pages : 2
Pages with text: 1
Transcriber: Benny, Ruth
Transcription date: November 4, 2014
Scrutiny: 04/11/2014 - Benny, Ruth;
Signed off: no
Hon. Alfred R. Wallace
Many thanks fro your kind letter. I am personally a most learned man, although thus far only acknowledged men like Ernest[sic] Haeckel1, Darwin2, Mr A. R. Wallace3, Huxley4, Gauss5 etc. as his possible superiors, if not equals. Therefore the list of serious correspondents is small, not one yet in U. S. have I found.
I am sorry that I could not make myself understood. Perhaps you, like Goethe6, with all their depth, hate chemistry and mathematics. If so, my lines of reasoning, would indeed be forgiven to you. I desired criticism from my superiors. For your kind , truly polite letter, I thank you heartily. You will find, if you get the key to my style, that the letter contains many deep, original truths. I never yet found my logic at fault, but my style is crude, unbeautiful like self, often too condensed, taking too much for granted and self evident, "beauty" is to me terra incognita. My Soul-Ego-Psychium[?]-Sonuinn[?] theories I have proven by being able to explain all psychic phenomena, dreams, etc. insanity up to the very limit of my really fine intellect. Rebirth is proven to me.
Again thanking you, yours sincerely | C. Arym (A.W.B.S.M.D.) [signature]
Chicago, Ill. 25 W. Kinzie St. Ma[rc]h 4th 1913
1. Haeckel, Ernst Heinrich Philipp August (1834-1919). German biologist, naturalist, philosopher, physician, professor and artist.
2. Darwin, Charles Robert (1809-1882). English naturalist and geologist.
3. Wallace, Alfred Russel (1823-1913). British naturalist, explorer, geographer, anthropologist and biologist.
4. Huxley, Thomas Henry (1825-1895). English biologist.
5. Gauss, Carl Friedrich (1777-1855). German mathematician.
6. von Goethe, Johann Wolfgang (1749-1832). German writer and statesman.
Please note that work on this transcript is not yet complete. Users are advised to study electronic image(s) of this document, if available.