Sent by Alfred William Parsons, Riverside, Lechlade to Annie Wallace (née Mitten) [address not recorded] on 30 June 1912.
No summary available at this time.
A typical letter .
An original MS
Transcriber: Buckingham, Amanda Belle
Transcription date: September 2, 2014
Scrutiny: 02/09/2014 - Benny, Ruth;
Signed off: no
54 Bedford Gardens
Kensington. W. 2
June 30. 1912
Dear Mrs Wallace3
I sent you a telegram this morning but am not sure whether you get them at Broadstone4 on a Sunday. Anyhow you will5 have it early to morrow. You sent me a very nice spray of leaves & I hope that the next flower6 may travel down successfully & reach me to morrow or Tuesday morning. It is sure to open in water if cut a day before it expands. The leaves are very distinct, quite unlike those of any other [] rose, & it is in many ways a most interesting species.
Thanking you for your kind help.
I am yours very truly | Alfred Parsons7 [signature]
1. Alfd Parsons is written at the top of the page in what appears to be a different, unknown hand.
2. The two lines of the address are crossed out by a single mark.
3. Wallace, Annie (née Mitten) (1846-1914); the wife of Alfred Russel Wallace.
4. Old Orchard, Broadstone, Dorset. ARW's last house, where he lived until his death.
5. "Will" appears to have been blotted, possibly meant to be crossed out.
6. Rosa stellata, as referenced in a previous letter (WCP 1643).
7. Parsons, Alfred William (1847-1920); painter
REFERENCES IN ENDNOTES:
BBC: Your Paintings (2014). Alfred William Parsons. <http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/yourpaintings/artists/alfred-william-parsons> [accessed 4 July 2014]
Beccaloni, George (2008). Wallace Timeline. <http://wallacefund.info/wallace-timeline> [accessed 4 July 2014]
Beccaloni, George (2009). Wallace's Genealogy. <http://wallacefund.info/wallaces-genealogy> [accessed 4 July 2014]
Wallace Letters Online (2011). WCP1643. <http://www.nhm.ac.uk/research-curation/scientific-resources/collections/library-collections/wallace-letters-online/1643/1422/S/details.html#S1> [accessed 4 July 2014]
Please note that work on this transcript is not yet complete. Users are advised to study electronic image(s) of this document, if available.