No summary available at this time.
A typical letter .
An original MS
Transcriber: Keith, Willaim
Transcription date: August 15, 2014
Scrutiny: 15/08/2014 - Benny, Ruth;
Signed off: no
Printing House Square E.C:The Time 1785
December 29, 1911
Dr. Alfred Russel Wallace
The Editor of The Time's2 thanks you for your letter, which he is publishing. We have however not mentioned your name in connection with the Insurance Act3; but it appeared in a list of eminent men which was published in the Daily Mail4. We return the stamps.
I am dear sir | Yours faithfully | CHBrodribb [signature]
1. In the top right of the page the archival reference "[WP7/111/1]" is written.
1. A British daily national newspaper, first published in London in 1785
2. Presumably the National Insurance Act of 1911. An Act of Parliament of the United Kingdom.
3. Daily Mail. A British daily newspaper first published in 1896 by Lord Northcliffe.
4. At the bottom left of the page the archival reference "[old Ref WP4/2]" is written.
Please note that work on this transcript is not yet complete. Users are advised to study electronic image(s) of this document, if available.