Energy dispersive X-ray (EDX) analysis
- Non-destructive qualitative analysis can be carried out for elements with an atomic number greater than five (boron).
- Detection limits are of the order of 0.2 wt.%, dependent on the type of specimen, elements of interest, etc.
- Analyses can be undertaken in spot mode or the beam rastered to acquire X-ray element maps of areas of the sample surface.
- Automated image and elemental analysis can be carried out over large specimen areas using INCA Feature.
- Backscattered electron and X-ray element map montages can be acquired and automatically stitched using INCA Montage.